[Bf-docboard] New UI Documentation

William Reynish william at shadeless.dk
Sun Feb 27 17:59:22 CET 2005

Hi, My name is William Reynish. I am a part of the UI team that is
nearing completion of a total redesign of Blenders buttons windows. We
are doing this for several reasons:

1, to make Blender more approachable for new users and to make it
easier to get to grips with

2, to make Blender more efficient and speedy for experienced users.

3, to improve overall consistency

Matt Ebb (Broken), Jason Saunders (Blendergetic), and me, William
Reynish, are now laying final hands on the project which has lasted
since summer 2004. We have analysed and gone through every panel and
context in Blender and have done a lot of work to improve the UI in
order to make Blender much more pleasurable to use. We even set up our
own wiki website:
http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Blenderdev/
ButtonsInformationArchitecture.

One of the main 'problems' with doing this though, is the
documentation. We do realise that it will require that all screenshots
are retaken and that all the documentation text is looked through, to
check if buttons have moved panel and/or name. Since I know well what
we have changed, I am willing to help add all the new screenshots and
edit the documentation text.

Perhaps if you share info on how to change the doc, I could edit it
myself and submit it.

Thanks,

-William