[Bf-docboard] writing a new modifier

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Sat Dec 24 03:24:59 CET 2005

Hi.

I wondered if there is a howto on writing a new modifier to use with the
modifier stack. Or a commented sample modifier wich moves all vertices a
configurable amount in x, y or z direction would be nice.

I want to port TerryNoise to the modifier stack (and rename it "mesh
deform" or simmilar).

TerryNoise: http://elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38458

It seem's that it's not possible to compile a modifier into a .so/.dll
and  load it in blender. All modifiers have to be registered in a array!
Why is that so? Why such a unflexible design?

	-panzi