[Bf-docboard] Coordination between devs and us

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Dec 16 18:54:12 CET 2005

The bf-blender-cvs mailing list is a record of all changes to the
source.  This makes it an essential starting point for tracking
changes to the documentation.  We *encourage* meaningful commit
messages, especially since these feed directly into the release
notes.  Some of the messages are terse like the classic "fixed
previous fix" but others are quite literary as you will see if you
page thru them.

For patches, whoever commits the patch is responsible for the commit
message.  Ideally, whoever wrote the patch also provided a description
along with the patch in the Tracker.

For the Python API, we have been annoyingly insistent that patches be
accompanied by API documentation.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net