[Bf-docboard] A blender FAQ

Alastair Mason alabandit at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:40:37 CET 2005

Greetings

I have just posted a draft proposel for an FAQ on the wiki,
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/FAQ. The following is the
tempary header text off the wiki.

This is a proposal to add an FAQ the wiki. As not to start off with a
completely blank FAQ I have add some questions to create a base. All
answers should be 2.4 compliant as I'm testing them on the latest test
release. I will load a more organised layout as well as the answers to
these questions on Monday 5 December 2005, so long as all goes to
plan. Most of the questions already have answers but I am still in the
process of fixing layout and links, as well as answering the last few
questions.

For ease of download it will be broken into a proximately 10 pages.
Anything less and a page is just too long, much more than that means
you will have to click far to much to get an answer. These pages are
text heavy for speed of down but have a large portion of internal and
external links to more detailed information.

Inspiration for some of the questions was taken from
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/library/linuxguides/blender/0_index.html
but most of the answers were written from scratch to maintain 2.4
compliancy. More questions will need to be add in the future as what I
have submitted are only a base. In the future though this page will
need a more active level of up dating than most of the wiki, as
announcing each question on the board, then waiting a day and then
only updating will take far too long and turn away a lot of support,
especially if you just want to add one question.

This is only a proof of concept for now, major edits will take place.
Notice was given on the blender documentation board for this
development.

I am available on the documentation board if you would like to contact me.

Thank you for your patience.

Alastair Mason (alabandit)