[Bf-docboard] Translation (organization)

BALDASSARRE CESARANO bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 24 May 2004 11:34:38 +0200

For italian translation (www.kino3d.com) we have based on html version =
(old releases of Blender).
Now we working on updating and transport all in Docbook format whith =
original english version referenced.

After some CAT (Computer Aided Translation) utilities evaluation I =
realized it must make the text subdivision and tagging manually.
The first trivial subdivision is for phrases... but only a few of =
phrases (10%) are repeated (mainly in the References).
The very important step is POS (Part of Speech) subdivision (Nominal, =
Verbal, ...parts).
This can help ALL translators to rapidly make they work.
However this require a centralized organization and standardization =
besides more (personalized) tags to add, other those of Docbook!
This for for "translation memory" exchanges.

In the next days I hope to find some time for make some test.

The alternative is the classical job subdivision (chapters) ... and =
goodwill.

Ciao
	Baldo

P.S. ...I can be an italian translator NOT an English writer ;-)