[Bf-docboard] Docbook editimg/creation setup question...

john tuffen bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 20 May 2004 12:42:54 +0100

Hi, I'm new 'round these parts (I'm usually on the bf-committers list) so I'll
keep it brief:

What environment do people use to edit docbook stuff? There seem to be many,
many different packages required, from different places, and they have to be
set up 'just so'... Are there any recommended 'self-contained' docbook
packages around for Windows? I've found 'EDE' which does the job, just
wondering whether there are any more...

A related question: Are there any good editors for XML that will present more
of a traditional 'word-procesor' interface to the user? ('good' meaning the
editor will only offer up valid tags for insertion, so context-sensitive).

I am just getting started with docbook, but I also would like to start using
it at work you see - so I need to find out about the most user-friendly tools
(at the right price of course!)

If this is not an appropriate place to post, then I would appreciate some
pointers to other information!!

john..

--
7" single out now on iwari.com - namke communications: ice-9/salo
http://www.iwari.com/