[Bf-docboard] Documentation...

Eric Oberlander bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:48:17 +0100

on 28/6/04 2:11 pm, danny allen wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for the great work on the blender documentation
> - I have just started to learn this great program, and
> your docs have been invaluable to me.
>
> However, I have noticed quite a few spelling errors -
> I therefore volunteer my efforts to improve this
> situation.
>
> Assuming that there is not some kind of conspiracy in
> the blender foundation to keep these errors and
> therefore keep people buying the book! :)
>
> How do I go about this?
>
> Danny.

Hi

All contributions are welcome. You can post a list of your observations to
this list. Have a look at Cesarano Baldassarre's recent posts regarding
Errata for an example.

However, before you do so, be aware that a great number of the spelling
errors and typos in the hardcopy manual have been fixed in the online
version, which you can find here:

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=documentation&file=index

As I write, the versions available online were created on 10 May 2004. Even
more corrections have been made to the xml files in CVS since then, but
until Stefano gets a chance to re-generate the online files, you will need
to checkout a working copy from CVS to get the latest versions, or browse
CVS to see the recent changes.

We also have a fairly relaxed attitude towards American English and British
English spelling. Both are acceptable, so I wouldn't worry about changing
color/colour or flavor/flavour etc.

I'm not sure if there are any plans to produce a new edition of the printed
Manual. I think that would involve a lot of work converting the files again.

HTH

Eric