[Bf-docboard] Planning

Martin Middleton bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:52:32 -0400

--=====================_4512708==.ALT

At 08:31 AM 5/3/2004, you wrote:

[ text snipped]
>>THe Python group is using epydoc for Python API doc, I would like
>>to include it in the Online doc as an organic part, not as an external
>>object.
>>
>>epydoc traslates to HTML and PDF directly, without passing through
>>DocBook :(
>>
>>I found a java DocLet translating HTML to XML so I can take the HTML
>>generated
>>by epydoc and convert it to DocBook BUT:
>>
>>1 - Result is quite poor
>
>Is the HTML generated by epydoc of poor quality, or is it the result of
>converting the HTML to XML?
>
>The HTML from epydoc is *very* nice, and is online :)
>
>The  HTML obtained from the XML pbtained from the HTML obtained from
>epydoc is not nice...
>

>>2 - THe resulting XML generates a (poor quality) HTML but does NOT
>>generate a PDF
>>     because LateX capacity are exceeded (sorry)
>>
>>Hence I'm still in trouble for this.
>>
>>Ideal thing would be an epydoc -> DocBook converter but any other
>>suggestion is welcome :)
>

> >I'll look into this. If I come up with a solution, I'll let you know.
>Thanx a lot :)

I think I may have found a solution to this. Could you point me to an
existing epydoc source document, so I can do some testing?

- Oso
--=====================_4512708==.ALT

At 08:31 AM 5/3/2004, you wrote:<br><br>
[ text snipped]<br>
<dl>
<dd><font face="arial" size=2>THe Python group is using epydoc for Python
API doc, I would like<br>

<dd>to include it in the Online doc as an organic part, not as an
external object.<br>
<dd>&nbsp;<br>

<dd><font face="arial" size=2>epydoc traslates to HTML and PDF directly,
without passing through<br>

<dd>DocBook :(<br>
<dd>&nbsp;<br>

<dd><font face="arial" size=2>I found a java DocLet translating HTML to
XML so I can take the HTML generated<br>

<dd>by epydoc and convert it to DocBook BUT:<br>
<dd>&nbsp;<br>

<dd><font face="arial" size=2>1 - Result is quite

<dd>Is the HTML generated by epydoc of poor quality, or is it the result
of converting the HTML to XML?<br><br>

</dl><font face="arial" size=2>The HTML from epydoc is *very* nice, and
is online :)<br>
from the HTML obtained from epydoc is not nice...<br>
<dl><br>

<dd><font face="arial" size=2>2 - THe resulting XML generates a (poor
quality) HTML but does NOT generate a PDF<br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; because LateX capacity are exceeded (sorry)<br>
<dd>&nbsp;<br>

<dd>&nbsp;<br>

<dd><font face="arial" size=2>Ideal thing would be an epydoc -&gt;
DocBook converter but any other suggestion is welcome

</dl><br>
&gt;I'll look into this. If I come up with a solution, I'll let you
know.<br>
I think I may have found a solution to this. Could you point me to an
existing epydoc source document, so I can do some testing?<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
- Oso</body>