[Bf-docboard] Blender screen captures on Mac OS X

Christian Plessl bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:29:43 +0200

Hi Mike

Mike Wirth wrote:
 > I'd like to do some screen captures from Blender 2.32 to accompany
 > documentation suggestions I'd like to make.  However, the normal
 > built-in screen capture on Mac OS X 10.3.3 generate a blank image. Any
 > suggestions?  Is there another utility, or a feature built-in to Blender
 > that will allow me to generate images (png?) of arbitrary Blender
 > screens (including button panels, object browsers, etc.)?

I was having the same problem the other day with another OpenGL
application. It seemed that the built in screen capture program (Grab)
doesn't capture OpenGL accelerated graphics output correctly.

What helped in my case was to capture not only the active window, but to
capture the whole screen using Grab.

Hope this helps,

  Christian