[Bf-docboard] Simple request: CVS module name for Blender docs?

Mike Wirth bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 08:38:20 -0700

1) Unfortunately, the doc sources (xml files) on the CD contained in:
	DocumentationSource/Book-2.3-sources.tar.gz
are NOT the sources for the new printed Guide.=20
Almost all of the xml files are dated Nov. 27,=20
2003, and appear to be the same as the Sep. 22,=20
2003, PDF version.  (To the extent that things=20
didn't change between versions (e.g., screenshots=20
especially), this older version is useful,=20
though.)

2) Is there any reason (technical or otherwise)=20
not to make the snapshot of doc sources as they=20
went to the printer available?  And further, to=20
compile and release a PDF of that snapshot?=20
Note: It would be very useful to have a full PDF=20
of the printed guide (as close as possible, e.g.,=20
the same pagination) to refer to when dealing=20
with problems in the printing of the guide.

3) I know that Stefano (and others?) are working=20
on restructuring the doc sources; thus the delay=20
and the incremental release of sources.  But with=20
the XML tools I'm using, I can't browse the=20
released material very easily with all the broken=20
references.  Can anyone give me any suggestions=20
here?  Do I need to just look at the released=20
material piece by piece?  (Stefano, any estimate=20
on when the full set will be out?)

Thanks for all your efforts.  Looking forward to=20
having a complete set of sources from which to=20
proceed and the opportunity to contribute.

Mike Wirth