[Bf-docboard] Blender3D

Matthew Brent bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:59:12 -0500

Michael Thoenes,
      I was just recently hired as a community technology center
coordinator for a non-profit organization in chicago.  Among other
things, I am in charge of creating curricula for the youth and adults
from the community who come in to use our computer lab.  I am a huge
supporter of implimenting open-source solutions, especial in
non-profits, and was hoping to use Blender3D in a serious of training
sessions.  Upon completion, the students would agree to become tutors
themselves, and train others in the Chicago area.  I was hoping you
could refer me to some training documents that would be useful for this
purpose.
      I am also a member of NPOTechs.org (a chicago based non-profit
open-source users group), CTCNet.org (a national, non-profit membership
organization of more than 1,000 CTCs) and just moved on from Teaming for
Technology (an initiative of IBM and United Way, that offers free
computer consultancy to non-profits.  With this being said, I would
really like to promote both the software and the manuals to these
companies and organizations on a much larger scale.
      I would appreciate any help or direction that you could give me.
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Matthew Brent

--