[Bf-docboard] Credits

Martin Kleppmann bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 06 Sep 2003 22:43:26 +0200

Hi,

I think we should remember that we're actually writing the manual for
people to read - and I can't imagine anyone outside would want to know
who wrote which part. So, placing the author names in the section titles
seems much to prominent to me.

What about an appendix containing a table that specifies the author(s) for
each chapter/section, and including the existing credits section? All
names could easily be managed this way. And I also suggest to replace the
long author list on the title page by "The Blender Documentation
Project" or similar, and to refer to the authors appendix. (If many more
people contribute to the docboard, the title page may look very silly: The
list of authors could become longer than the table of contents... ;-)

Martin

--
+++ martin kleppmann +++ martin@kleppmann.de +++