[Bf-docboard] Visual guide to Blender commands? Object semantics?

Stefano Selleri bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:21:16 +0200

Hi!

> I'm new to Blender and enjoying the process of learning how to use it
> (on Mac OS X).
>
> Has anyone produced a "cheat sheet" (i.e., one or two page visual
> guide) to the Blender keyboard commands/mouse gestures/button
> combinations?  (Note: I'm aware of Appendix A.  I'm suggesting a more
> visual guide organized by mode, task, etc.)
There is a keyboard layout with hotkeys written on it somewhere
but I cannot find it any more :(

> As part of my learning process, I'm sketching one by hand.  If none
> exists yet (or I don't think current ones are sufficiently
> informative :-) I'll probably produce one in Adobe Illustrator/PDF.
> Would this list then be the appropriate place to post it for comments
> and suggestions?  (Can I post email with attachments on this list?)
Great, I will happily include it in the Doc if you agree..
Post, post,

> PS: Haven't gotten that far yet in the manual, but is there a concise
> description of "object semantics"? (e.g., {I'm guessing here :-} when
> a group is created with a parent, the location, rotation and scale
> properties are modified to be relative not to the global coordinates,
> but to the local coordinates of the parent.  Subsequently,
> translation, rotation and scaling of the group need only be be
> reflected by changes in the parent object properties.  Conversely,
> rendering a child object requires the composition of all spatial
> transformations in its parent chain.)
Parenting is described in the Object Mode Chapter

> Hmm.... some kind of UML description would be ideal, both as a
> documentation and pedagogic tool, and as a formal spec.
UML?

Stefano