[Bf-docboard] Visual guide to Blender commands? Object semantics?

Mike Wirth bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 01:29:07 -0700

I'm new to Blender and enjoying the process of learning how to use it
(on Mac OS X).

Has anyone produced a "cheat sheet" (i.e., one or two page visual
guide) to the Blender keyboard commands/mouse gestures/button
combinations?  (Note: I'm aware of Appendix A.  I'm suggesting a more
visual guide organized by mode, task, etc.)

As part of my learning process, I'm sketching one by hand.  If none
exists yet (or I don't think current ones are sufficiently
informative :-) I'll probably produce one in Adobe Illustrator/PDF.
Would this list then be the appropriate place to post it for comments
and suggestions?  (Can I post email with attachments on this list?)

If my description of what I want is not clear, I can produce a quick
sample, e.g., for object selection.

TIA,

Mike Wirth
Palo Alto, California

PS: Haven't gotten that far yet in the manual, but is there a concise
description of "object semantics"? (e.g., {I'm guessing here :-} when
a group is created with a parent, the location, rotation and scale
properties are modified to be relative not to the global coordinates,
but to the local coordinates of the parent.  Subsequently,
translation, rotation and scaling of the group need only be be
reflected by changes in the parent object properties.  Conversely,
rendering a child object requires the composition of all spatial
transformations in its parent chain.)

Hmm.... some kind of UML description would be ideal, both as a
documentation and pedagogic tool, and as a formal spec.