[Bf-docboard] blender format

Ton Roosendaal bf-docboard@blender.org
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:54:41 +0200

Hi,

Please don't send mails double. Each blender.org address you use gets =20=

replied to nicely! BTW: We have forums at blender.org for such =20
questions too...

Anyhoo, the .blend file doesn't have a simple format description, but =20=

(almost) binary dumps it internal database. For reading it back, you =20
need sophisticated code. Can be found in our source tree.

A team is working on an XML of the .blend file for that reason. =20
Estimated time of delivery is unknown.. might be weeks, might be =20
months. Announcements of this will be at the blender.org frontpage.

-Ton-