[Bf-docboard] Review request.

Jason Oppel bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:12:13 -0500

>Hi folks.
>
>You cannot write decent stuff without a competent feedback.

Indeed!

>Is someone willing to read the Effect Chapter (the part I wrote, currently all of it)
>
>and give me impressions? Two separte independent reviewers would best
>
>http://download.blender.org/documentation/html/effects_build.html

What you've written seems nicely done.  Two ways in which you might be able to improve on it though:

1) At the beginning you might want to talk about why and when someone would want to use this effect.  Telling someone this effect does X, Y and Z is all well and good but pointing out the possibilities of why and when one might use this effect would help spur the reader's imagination and creativity.

2) Some people are visual learners so at the beginning you might show a simple example of this effect.  One possibility would be to show 3 small pictures of a UV Sphere over time with this effect in place with captions that read "Frame 1", "Frame 75" and "Frame 125".  Another possibility (in addition to or instead of the first option) would be to include a .blend of the effect on an included CD.

Hope this helps!

-Jason <Pato>