[Bf-docboard] how does one view an XML page?

Felix Rabe bf-docboard@blender.org
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:00:10 +0100

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 01:46, G@l Buki wrote:
>
>>Hi,

Hi - sorry for the late response :)

> you need to 'compile' the DocBook files to an output format such as HTML
> or PDF. Felix has set up an environment for Windows, but of course I've
> lost the URL again (would anyone care to add that to the documentation?
> ;-). I think it was based on the e-novative docbook environment. You can
> get that here:
>
> http://docbook.e-novative.de/ede/ede.html

Well, that's not really correct that way - dbxmlenv is only based on
some raw tools and weird assumptions (I didn't know about XML catalogs
when I created it, so - have fun hand-editing the DTD references and
everything ;) ).  That other docbook environment got mentioned on this
mailing list after I began working on dbxmlenv, but I didn't really look
at their work.  (Their documentation had a weird license, so I didn't
want to look at it too close (o; ...)

You'll now find dbxmlenv by studying my (new - since Jan 01) weblog here:

http://mysite.iptic.com/xitnalta/

Read the entry from 2003-01-06 20:10.

cu,
Felix