[Bf-docboard] Linux Distribution

Karsten Dambekalns bf-docboard@blender.org
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:44:09 +0100

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 03:40:05PM +0100, droddl@gmx.de wrote:
> Heyho...
>
> I finally made the decision to install a linux system on my PC. I have

Great decision!

> Suse Linux 7.0 but it doesn't support my Leadtek Geforce2. Which

I'd say it does, but you'd have to install nvidias X11 drivers manually.
This is not too complicated, though.

> distribution would you recommend? (cheap please! :-))

I'd recommend Debian any time, any place. I have been a long time
SuSE user, then tried Mandrake, once RedHat, and then came accross Debian.
And I'd never use anything else (yet)!

And if you have a fast net connection, it's as cheap as it can get.
Plus it's by far the easiest package management out there, upgrades
are hassle free and fast.

Regards,
Karsten