[Bf-docboard] chapter_mesh_modelling

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:29:06 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Alex Heizer wrote:

> I just don't understand how someone with experience offering to design
> and set up standards that will allow this documentation to look the best
> for the Web and print NOT be what's better for us? Such a big discussion
> for something that will not change how volunteer authors do anything
> differently except make their images one specific size, and could make
> the project better.
>
> I'm not going to push it any more. You can pay a print shop to do this
> at some later date.

Hi Alex,

I think I've missed something here, listening to the tone of your message.
As far as I could tell the discussion was about RGB-->CMYK conversion, not
about the resolution of images, right? As far as I'm concerned you've made
a very valid point to say that we need to deliver rendered images on a
standard, high resolution. I don't think anyone here will discuss that.
What still needs to be decided though is *what* a good resolution for that
would be, but I'll leave that up to the people with DTP experience (but
please keep in mind that we have to distribute those images through CVS as
well!)

The only thing that we would have to figure out is how to automate
downsampling of the images for web/pdf publication but there are very
convenient tools like ImageMagick for that..

Cheers,

Bart