[Bf-docboard] 3D Concepts & Fundamentals Rough Outline

Steve Martin bf-docboard@blender.org
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 07:59:43 -0500

Jason Oppel wrote:
> I've posted a rough outline of the "3D Concepts and Fundamentals" chapter for people to review.

As others have noted, this is quite a lot of material and could well be
the foundation for a book in itself.

May I make a suggestion? Some of the material here, while certainly
applicable to the topic of 3D concepts, might not be applicable
to Blender in particular, which is of course the purpose of this
doc project. For example, "Raytracing" probably wouldn't be relevant,
nor would material on metaballs in particular be appropriate for
a 3D concepts chapter (it'll probably be mentioned elsewhere in the
book along with other graphics primitives).

I suggest we confine this chapter to fundamental concepts of 3D
that are applicable in the Blender framework (such as normals,
shading, differences between NURBS and Bezier curves, and so
forth).

Just a thought.