[Bf-docboard] RV: Want to join you.

Stefano Selleri bf-docboard@blender.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:20:50 +0100

Welcome :)

well, yes, XML in the DocBook flavour is the chosen
format. We have a style guide at the very end of the online doc

http://download.blender.org/documentation/html/

and there is the list of the ongoing projects here

http://download.blender.org/documentation/html/introduction_aboutmanual.html

This latter might be slightly out of date so check the last month of traffic
in the list :)

The CVS server is on projects.blender.org and you can go there for the
current release

In the CVS there is a 'make' script by B@rt which might work for you (beware
for the upload
part which won't work for you) otherwirse there is a 'Makefile' by me I can
mail you. We haven't a cross-platform build safe environment (yet)
unfortunately.

The procedure is:

1 - Say Hey! I want to write this!

2 - If noone complains 'Hey I AM writig THAT!' take a chapter /section from
the CVS
     and use it as a template (might I recomend the styleguide itself or the
effects chapter?)

3 - Write

4 - Tell 'I'm done, who wants this?'

5 - e-mail to the one which answers