[Bf-docboard] Education Pages materials

Ton Roosendaal bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:31:55 +0200

Hi,

Great work! :)

Here at OSX, the quicktime player only does garbled sound. There's a
free player for OSX though, VLC, which plays it OK. So you could add a
link to VLC download:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html
And tell OSXers to load videos to disk first, and play with VLC.

Alternative is Divx, which has a 'validator' program at OSX that makes
movies playable in OSX too (then still playing correctly at Win).
The status of Linux players is unknown to me.

I would suggest to offer a higher quality video too... if possible. If
you need assistance for all of this, I can ask around for a volunteer
to convert them. In what format are the original movies?

What's a bit confusing for me is the commercial offering at the site...
you intend to make all this material available for free download,
right? As Open Content or so?

Thanks,

-Ton-