[Bf-docboard] Syncing development & documentation

Ton Roosendaal bf-docboard@blender.org
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:13:00 +0200

Hi all,

Most of you might have noticed the activities around
redesigning/organizing the menus and buttons in Blender. Might be even
in conjunction with an improved toolbox functionality, showing
contextual options.

Changing big things in interfaces we shouldn't do often. For the 2.xx
releases, I hope we can stick to doing it only once. Also because of
the efforts to create a new 2.3 (printed) manual, I really aim for the
current discussions to get quickly to something really good we can live
with for a long time, and which doesn't make it completely incompatible
or 'not Blender', but still new & improved!

Of course all of you are kindly invited to participate in discussions
(bf-funboard list or forums at blender.org). But mostly, I'm afraid
interface changes will invoke quite a lot of work for you dudes...
which I really regret! <sob!>

What are your general ideas, as documentationers, how to make this as
painless as possible?

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org