[Bf-docboard] Re: Blender Help ..

RICHARD GARCIA bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:44:58 -0600

Steve,

Good morning.
I have one of the group working on a cross-platform HLP file; it wasn't =
till later in the project we considered the impact on non-Win OS's. We =
even considered re-compiling the source to native Mac/ Linux ..etc. Not =
sure of the feasibility, or functionality. Have to try this out.

Perhaps the solution lies in an HTML format? This would have the advantage =
of always being the most current, rather than a distributed file. Your =
thoughts?

~Richard

Richard Garcia
Digital Imaging & Multimedia

Husky Energy
Corporate Communications & Government Relations
707 -8th Avenue S.W.
Box 6525, Stn D
Calgary, Alberta T2P3G7

(403) 298 6621

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Finally some more time... I think such help systems are really =20
> valueable for Blender.

I agree; however, it appears from the screenshot that it is quite
Windows-specific. Can this project be adapted for the non-
M$ versions of Blender (Linux, Mac, etc)? (I'm quite unfamiliar
with how Windows Help works, so please forgive my ignorance.)

--=20
Steve Martin, CPBE CBNT