[Bf-docboard] Special modeling techniques chapter

Bart Veldhuizen bf-docboard@blender.org
Fri, 08 Aug 2003 08:37:41 +0200

Hi Landis,

if you could write it in Word or OpenOffice I could translate that to
Docbook for you - no problem. It gets a littlebit more complicated when
you want to add to an existing chapter, but in that case you could look
at the existing XML and figure out how to change it, I guess :)

The reason that we use Docbook is that it allows for
'publication-independent' content markup. This means that from one
sourcefile, we can generate HTML, PDF, RTF, TXT and other formats.
Docbook is much more structured than plain text or HTML and the
documents that are generated have a very consistent and professional layout.

Bart