[Bf-docboard] Special modeling techniques chapter

malefico andauer bf-docboard@blender.org
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:54:45 -0300 (ART)

Hi Landis,

For your huge dissapointment I'm a newbie here too !

However, based on what s68 and the gang told me, (and
what I understood of all that) I have done like this:
(at least for the manual pages)

1- Get my box OK with Docbook (it took me a while
indeed).

2- Get the latest CVS files in your machine.
Rename/copy it to something "more local"

3- Install the docbook DTD that comes with it (which
was not the same I had installed, for a change)

4- Fire up XEmacs (S68's favourite) or whatever editor
you like.

5- Load the chapter's XML you want to edit form the
"local" copy of the CVS

6- Start coding XML Docbook following the brief tips
in the XML Docbook Appendix. Plain text, saving as
".xml".

7- When finished, I think I have to edit the
BlenderManual.xml file at the top level to "declare"
the new files I might have created. Every now and then
issue a "make" command to check the output of your
work

8- Then I have to create a diff file of the whole
local CVS tree

9- Submit the diff to the docboard via email

10- Someone, maybe S68/Ton/God/CameronDiaz will upload

the changes thru CVS.

As for tutorials I'm thinking about using LyX instead
of coding directly, but who knows what will I do.
I've read something about an author "code" or mnemonic
taht I have to define, but can't recall
what/why/where...

Maybe some smarter author out there can give some
light about it. Or convert this text to XML and put it
as "Docboard Tutorial" XDD

Sorry I can't  help you more.

Hey guys, please correct what I wrote lines above ;-)

Cheers

malefico