[Bf-docboard] Book publishing

Ton Roosendaal bf-docboard@blender.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:33:21 +0200

Hi all,

I would like to introduce to you Bill Pollock, owner of NoStarch Press
(USA), who will join this maillist and who is very interested to
publish one or two books on Blender this year. With NoStarch the
Foundation also entered an agreement that makes them our 'preferred
publishing partner'; allowing them to use the Foundation and Blender
brand, in exchange for a friendly royalty share.

Efforts are now being made to work at releasing a new Complete manual
for Blender 2.3x this fall, the famous Xmas deadline! NoStarch has done
book projects with free licenses before, and will work within the
framework of Open Content on this.

With Bill I've also brainstormed about more publishing opportunities
with Blender. Like a dedicated book for video professionals, or a book
for people who like to use the code (Blender C Cookbook!)... I leave it
to him to take the lead in this, with potential contracting of
individuals as well.

-Ton-