[Bf-cycles] Starting a new job

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Jun 14 17:26:23 CEST 2014

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for the kind words :) Your Blender and Cycles work will never be forgotten, and you're welcome in the Blender projects anytime, in any way you prefer to. I wish you a lot of fun, inspiration, great collegues and new friends in that exciting challenging working environment there in Madrid!

To the others here: Brecht already told me this a while ago, he has been very responsible by wrapping up his todo list so well. Cycles is in a pristine condition, a joy for any new render coder to play with and become active for Blender. I'm confident we will find new developers here, sooner or later!

Meanwhile I've asked Sergey to step in for some more hardcore maintenance there, especially on the raytracing and optimization topic. He's been briefed well by Brecht and I expect cool things to happen there this year.

For everyone who's active with Blender, or employed by Blender Institute or Foundation, I'm always very relaxed and open to discuss and support new challenges and career steps. I fully understand that people want to keep growing and learning. In SolidAngle, Brecht will be working with people who are the top of the world in render system design and development. Any render developer would love to be there! I can fully see how exciting it is to now have a team where you can learn from, and even can look up to in many areas.

Good luck Brecht, I hope you're going to have an amazing time!

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute