[Bf-cycles] Micropolygon implementation

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sat Jan 4 06:01:14 CET 2014

My understanding is that they had to fit all geometry in memory
(except for hair which was handled differently). I think that's
because the ray differential / multiresolution geometry cache doesn't
work so well when you add more raytracing effects and the rays lose
coherence. I could be wrong though, but that's what I remember from
siggraph.