[Bf-cycles] Cycles Standalone

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Aug 21 02:56:35 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 8:37 AM, Matt Ebb <matt at mke3.net> wrote:

>  Might also want to consider what sort of bottlenecks or restrictions
> might be imposed on Cycles by the scene description format (i.e. can you
> parse or read files or included files in parallel? Do you need to read ).

Sorry, left out the end of that - "Do you need to read the entire scene
description file in order to get started rendering or building geometry
internally? Or can you start doing things incrementally as the file is
being read?" As far as I understand RIB can have some interesting internal
dependencies in some cases that can make it difficult to know what geometry
is exactly where, without processing the entire structure of the RIB..