[Bf-cycles] Status Open Shading Language

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Thu Jun 7 01:11:47 CEST 2012

Hi,
ok here is the current status:

I managed to do a few more fixes and tweaks and eliminated some compile
errors, but I am stuck with 2 things where I don't know a solution.

1) osl_shader.cpp needs some fixes for API changes in OSL 0.6.0.
According to their log, it should make it easier for external
applications, by removing the need for "ShadingSystemImpl", details:
https://github.com/imageworks/OpenShadingLanguage/commit/11ce51418b45e975ace4d919a4bdd8c2001ba300

2) Issues with osl_services.cpp and the function "direction_to_panorama"
in the included kernel_triangle.h It says that "direction_to_panorama"
is not valid in that scope.
Maybe Dalai knows a solution here? Afaik he implemented this function.

Best regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Dinges