[Bf-cycles] What nodes should we have?

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 21:57:21 CET 2011

Hi Brecht (et al),

is there a list of the nodes that we should have in cycles? After having
the first(s) out of the way I realized that it's quite straightforward to
convert them. But in Blender, for God knows what reason, we have a lot of
duplications, nodes present only in render, some present only in material
... (e.g. should we have Sep/Comp HSV in material?)

It would be nice to have an official list of the nodes ok to be implemented.
For someone interested in helping converting the nodes, my recent commits
are isolated cases of new nodes, it should be easy to follow [42355, 42345,
42327 (+42337)].
It took me hours, literally more than 20 hours I think to understand the
code for the first commit. The other went way easier.

Best regards,
Dalai