[Bf-committers] move prebuilt libs from svn to git?

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 20:43:04 CEST 2022

When checking out the libraries from SVN following the directions on

https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Building_Blender/Windows

The svn checkout of the libraries fails with significant frequency,

if you google you might stumble across using make svnfix

https://www.mail-archive.com/bf-blender-cvs@blender.org/msg151996.html

Even after using it, I'm still having to do Ctrl C, and then make
svnfix repeatedly (it downloads some files, than randomly freezes,
sometimes after 20-50 files, sometimes after 100's of files).

Git doesn't seem to have any problems, though.

So might we consider migrating the libs to git, rather than using SVN?

LetterRip