[Bf-committers] Blender developer week notes - 2021.07.12

Ray Molenkamp ray at lazydodo.com
Tue Jul 13 15:31:24 CEST 2021

Dalai,

Think some small clarification is in order here
Jesse is a very capable and diverse developer [1]

Now he did have a few patches in my module (as he did
in many others), and while I will happily commit
contributors patches, there is a point where you go
"wait? why am I still committing patches for this dev?
He's a capable dev, submitted many patches, and has
been around for quite a bit now, he ought to be
trusted to commit his own work!"

So while I did lobby to get him commit rights, this was
in no way, shape, or form an attempt to "claim" Jesse for
my own module.

He's doing great work all over the place, best not to
constrain wonderful developers like that.

If you go, every dev needs a home module, I would happily
give him one in the platform module, but afaik that's
not how we currently operate.

--Ray

[1] https://developer.blender.org/people/revisions/126877/