[Bf-committers] GSoC 2018 Proposal for Freestyle Rewrite?

Wu Yiming xp8110 at outlook.com
Mon Feb 26 01:29:11 CET 2018

Hello Blender developers,

I’m a University student and a blender user in China. My name is Yiming Wu. I have been doing some researches on NPR line rendering and I believe there’s something I can do to improve blender’s Freestyle renderer. I have posted some results on Blendernation’s news page here (https://www.blendernation.com/2017/10/25/little-r-npr-renderer-blender/) to demostrate the current result. Many users sent their mail to me to ask if my work can be integrated into Blender, and I also believe it is great to do so. BlenderCN commuity also have a strong desire for a more usable NPR line renderer available.

I’ve seen that Blender is recruiting students for this year’s GSoC project and also developing many things related to 2.8. I have time to take part in GSoC, and I already have a English version of how whole things works and what my plan is to integrate it into blender. If you are interested in this can I kinda have a blenderwiki account to write things there or something? So that you can evaluate my complete proposal. In case you have some different plans, please let me know. I can always give a helping hand related to NPR developing. 😊

Thanks!
Yiming Wu