[Bf-committers] Baking Princlipled/PBR maps and lightmaps for Eevee

Adriano Oliveira adriano.ufrb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:21:52 CET 2018

Hi,

Cycles bake was a great thing implemented by Dalai. With the workflows
pointing out to PBR, I hope we have some time for adjustments/additions.

This is my contributions (not asking for/demanding anything):

1. The Cycles bake workflow is not intuitive. The need for a image texture
node alone selected in the shader is not ideal. Good addons like TexTools
solve this, but I think it should be addressed in 2.8 with new depsgraph.

2. We should be able to bake some missing real PBR maps: Roughness,
Metallic... (Ok, we can already do it manually in most scenarios).

3. We need to Bake Cycles Lightmaps (32bits). This is a real deal for
Eevee. Baked Shadows are not enough. Plus, objects with lightmaps should
not be affected by Eevee Irradiance Volume and static lights.

Hope we can get there somewhere in time. ;)

*Adriano*

Livre
de vírus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>