[Bf-committers] libssl on macOS

dr. Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Fri Aug 24 14:39:35 CEST 2018

Hey all,

Python's _ssl module on current master and blender2.8 nightly builds
seems to be linking to /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib.
This file isn't guaranteed to exist on macOS machines, and as a result
HTTPS requests won't work. This means that the Blender ID and Blender
Cloud add-ons are broken, and so is the Benchmark Client. That last one
is rather urgent, as we want to push the Open Data platform
(https://opendata.blender.org/) out of beta phase, and that means it
should see testing on macOS clients.

To test this, you can simply do `import _ssl` in Blender's Python
console; it should work on a fresh macOS install.

Arto, is this something you can look into? It's has been a problem for a
while (T56329 and T56275 are fairly recent examples, but I remember this
going wrong months ago too).

Cheers,

--
Sybren A. Stüvel