[Bf-committers] GSoC 2017: Anamorphic Breathing in Cycles(Wanxuan Sun)

Reignian Sun reignianor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 15:43:52 CEST 2017

Hi everyone:

My name is Wanxuan Sun, a first-year master student in CAD & CG State Key
Lab at Zhejiang University, focused in computer graphics, specifically
computer animation research. I'm interested in the anamorphic breathing
topic, after studying around the topic and reading the replies to the
"Camera Breathing Support" issue, I still have several questions:

1. the description of the topic says "enabling a unique breathing pattern
of each lens", I want to know if "each lens" refers to lenses of different
anamorphic pixel ratio? or lenses of different aperture shapes? or we
should conduct different ways, such as a perspective/fisheye way to look

2. are we going to present a new and good anamorphic distortion model, or
can we just refer to ready-made models, such as "Standard Anamorphic Degree
4" presented by 3DEqualizer4?

3. Also, could you please kindly tell me if there was any effort made for
this function in Cycles, or if there is any testing methods?

Thank you so much, if you have more idea or understandings about this
topic, please let me know.

孙婉轩 | Wanxuan* Sun*
State Key Lab of CAD&CG
Zhejiang University