[Bf-committers] Blender2.8: Layers/Collection Base refactor - DIY

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:29:07 CET 2017

Hi there,

Due to the changes brought by Layers, any reference of Scene->base
should be refactored. Fear nothing, I tackled most of them already.

However if you are working in a part of 2.8 and still find issues,
this is how to handle it yourself:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/LayersCollections/BaseRefactorTasks

This is particularly relevant to Exporters. In those cases the
exporter may still want to export the entire scene, or only the
"context" objects (SceneLayer->object_bases), or the objects that are
used for rendering (F12).

I'm planning to continue handling those cases myself. But since time
is split among other tasks I'm not prioritizing this at the moment.
Thus any developers willing to get their hands dirty with 2.8
development is welcome to help here.

Thanks,
Dalai
--