[Bf-committers] Render export file visibility problem on Windows 10 - with a potential lead towards solution

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 09:44:31 CET 2016

Hi,

There is nothing special we do for file creation, just using POSIX API for
that.

With this info we can do nothing unfortunately, we have to be able to
reproduce the issue in order to investigate it.

What you can also do is to compare file attributes (security access flags,
etc) of files saved by 2.61 and 2.78a and see if there's any difference.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 8:37 AM, Arifi Koseoglu <arifi.koseoglu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> On one of our Windows 10 PCs we are not able to access render output files
> of Blender v.2.78 using windows explorer: The file is listed in the file
> selection dialog in Blender, but is not visible to Windows.
>
> It seems that this behavior is observed by some other people in the net as
> well, and so far the only solution seems to be to do a repair reinstall
> Windows.
>
> Fearing other complications of a windows repair, we looked further into the
> problem.
>
> We checked every previous blender version until we were be able to locate a
> version that does not exhibit this problem, and found that v.2.61 does not
> have this behavior.
>
> So, on a particular PC, render output files of Blender 2.62 and above are
> created, but not visible in Windows Explorer (display of hidden and system
> files enabled). Output files of 2.61 are visible on the same PC.
>
> I wonder whether there has been a change in output file creation routines
> when switching from v.2.61 to v.2.62 - and whether this can be used to fix
> this behavior..
>
> I have also opened case on the bug tracker (T49909).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Arifi Koseoglu

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin