[Bf-committers] Git repository is very slow again

Trouble Daemon troubledaemon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 07:03:39 CET 2016

Hi,

What I was trying to say is that the pf firewall is tracking the total
number of IP States that you have open. This would include connections to a
few of our sites that run on that machine. If you happened to be opening a
few to buildbot for a file download (some clients do ranged fetches of
multiple chunks in parallel iirc), something like a git pull while you
still had a bunch of open connection states from downloading from buildbot
could push you over the limit and block you temporarily.

Perhaps this isn't the case this particular time, but more often than not
it is this. Feel free to test this if you like, you won't hurt the servers
feelings 😀

Worst case you can poke me on irc later if you can reproduce the problem
and I can look more closely at things, maybe even put some limits on
buildbots web server to help avoid this, assuming it's the firewall problem
and not something else, of course.

Dan