[Bf-committers] Normal Editing Tools (GSOC 2016)

Stefan Büttner buettner.stefan at web.de
Sun Mar 20 19:16:42 CET 2016

Hey there,

I am interested in the Normal Editing Tools project for GSOC 2016.
This topic has been discussed on blenderartists ([1], [2], [3]) and
requested heavily in the past.
So, I stumbled over several add-ons ([4], [5]) and [Blend4web] [6] which
address this topic already.
In order to collect additional material on the topic (implementations
discussions, feature requests, etc.), I was wondering if you guys could
provide me with more information that you found or know of.
Concerning feature ideas, I thought about looking at other software like
[Softimage] [7], Maya or 3Ds Max in addition to the requests in various
forum discussions.
Implementation-wise I read about [BMeshes] [8] but still need to
understand how they integrate into blender (especially if it's the only
mesh data structure).

Cheers,
Stefan

[1]:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?284736-Normals-Editing-in-Blender
"Discussion on Blenderartists, 2013-2015"
[2]:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?251402-Addon-Recalc-Vertex-Normals
"Add-on for Blender, 2012-2013"
[3]: