[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes - March 18, 2016

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 18 11:09:09 CET 2016

Hi, here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net
<http://irc.freenode.net/> #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.77 Release
   - List of revisions to be backported to the release branch
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.77/rc
   - We'll be doing final release, no RC3 needed. AHOY should happen
later today, after final backport & updates.
   - Reminder to all developers, please ensure you noted all you new
features in release notes, Julian will handle last missing bits then.
   - Martijn will handle steam too, but need help to prepare release
notes page there, Bastien will do.

2) GSoC
   - Not much to say, we are getting a lot of contacts from students.
   - Students can currently register in the program and create drafts of
projects.

3) Other projects
   - Lukas Toenne has patch to use mesh (vertices) data as source for
point density textures, Sergey will review
(https://developer.blender.org/D1859).
   - Campbell made proof of concept patch for running PyDrivers in a
restricted context, see https://developer.blender.org/T47823 and
https://developer.blender.org/D1860.
   - Bastien will put 'id-remap' work (refresh/fixes of IDs management,
allowing live lib reload and real deletions e.g.) to review too.

Cheers!
Bastien Montagne