[Bf-committers] Windows XP support

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 21:00:51 CET 2016

What newer APIs do we want to use but are being held back by XP? I know the
jump from Win 2000 to XP was because of the RawInput API for keyboard and
3D mice. I'm not making the case for keeping XP support forever, just want
a clear case for dropping it now instead of during 2.8.

Martijn Berger <martijn.berger at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... and usually hardware to match.

Combined with a crappy GPU, accept failure! But you can run many decent
GPUs under XP.

Windows 7 with latest service pack is a great target for 2.8. And MSVC 2015
as soon as possible! (It can still build for XP :))

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire