[Bf-committers] Blender developers weekly meeting notes - November 8, 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 8 17:46:32 CET 2015

Hi all,

Short notes of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

1) Release targets for 2.77

- Added as options: OpenSubdiv library update, and Python (3.5) library update

- As agreed on, we only define final targets later, earliest next month.

2) The 2.8 project, or other projects

- Lukas Toenne is exploring a different implementation for texture nodes.

  Code:
https://github.com/lukastoenne/blender/tree/object_nodes
  Vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjVBMynzKrQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UERL1vatdaY

- Ton Roosendaal is too busy to help coordinating 2.8 preparations this month, but he does work on subsidy application for 2.8 coding work in 2016.

- Many coders like to see a 2.8 branch already. Agreed is to wait with that until we agree on what we do there :)

- But - we can start gathering design docs and todo lists in wiki:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/
Julian Eisel accepted to moderate the section. If you want to add pages there, connect with him.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute