[Bf-committers] Blender 2.76a: call for testers!

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 11:07:41 CET 2015

Hey everyone,

Despite the fact we worked really hard on bringing you really rock-solid
Blender 2.76a release couple of quite bad regressions were detected just at
the moment when we've been ready to announce it.

Since all the builds are already on our main ftp site it's a bit tricky to
roll them back (they were mirrored by our infrastructure, and some other CG
related resources also monitors those folders) we decided to do unofficial
2.76a release and ask you guys to help us with testing the builds in order
to be sure next update will be really rock solid.

The current state is:

- All the builds are available on our ftp site:
http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.76/
- The mentioned regression happens in select linked tool with seam edges

The plan is:

- Spend couple of days on testing existing 2.76a builds (with the help of
you guys! :)
- Do official 2.76b release on Monday or Tuesday

If you notice any regression (yes, regression, not just a bug. regression
-- something worked in 2.75 and doesn't work in 2.76a) please report it
here or in the bug tracker as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the troubles with the release.

And as always - happy blending!

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin