[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting minutes - 28 June 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jun 28 17:42:10 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders:

1) Release status

- Second Release Candidate is out. Status currently looks OK.
Expected call for 'release Ahoy' builders on tuesday.

- Release notes getting progress:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.75

2) Targets for the next release

- According to planning we move to BCon2 today - means the targets get frozen.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- In case someone wants to add new features or do bigger jobs on the next release,
please note it now and discuss it with the rest of team.

- Tamito Kajiyama: FreeStyle memory optimization will be ready in time.

- Alembic (Gooseberry branch) will very likely not make it in 2.76.
Lukas will work on a design proposal first.

- OpenSubdiv is still likely to happen. Lukas Toenne checked on this last week as well.

- Gooseberry crew will check on what of the studio branch will go the release still.
There are smaller cool to merge still as well.

- Bastien Montagne: file & asset browsing project will go to master soon.
Andrea Weikert offers help to review.
http://developer.blender.org/D1316

- PTex: Nicholas might not have time for it, we look for someone to help.

- Scons: we still use it for OS X and Linux releases. The trend is to fade it out though.

- Meeting agrees on releasing 2.76 according bi-monthly schedule and not postpone it for
possible bigger projects again (we needed 3 months for 2.75).

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute