[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting notes - 14 June 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jun 14 18:37:57 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.75 Release Candidate

- So-far no big showstoppers, but it's possible we do an RC2 this week.
  Tuesday we decide. But even without RC2 we'd need a week of more tests and fixing.

- Everyone keep testing! Get your old .blends and try it with RC.

- The release logs are still in progress. Everyone who added something in past release
  should make sure the feature has a log here:
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.75

- Splash has color space error (10% oversaturated). Official build will be corrected for it.

2) 2.76

- Updated the planning with a 2.75 BCon proposal
  wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- We'll try to get a SIGGRAPH release ready (sunday 9 august)

- Bastien Montagne has File Browser enhancement project ready:
  https://developer.blender.org/D1316

- Gooseberry targets? Ton Roosendaal will sit down the three Blender Institute devs to discuss it.

- 2.76 could become the "Industry Standard" release, adding these features at once:
  PTex (Disney), OpenSubdiv (Pixar), OpenVDB (Dreamworks), Alembic (ILM).
  But OK - probably too much for one release!

3) Other projects

- Martijn Berger proposes to also release Cycles standalone on blender.org.
  Needs a bit more details filled in still.

- Viewport project: new mailing list gets attention and feedback, not decisions yet.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute