[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting minutes, 12 July 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 12 17:28:25 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Release targets for Blender 2.76

- Planning:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- According to schedule, we move to BCon3 today. That means that the release targets
are defined, only what's agreed on and listed will go to git master.

- Target 'PTex' is going to be postpned again... we might need another developer to
assist. Also to check on UDIM texture support.

- OpenSubdiv is in progress. Sergey suggests to make it a build option, because of OS X
not supporting a mix of OpenGL 4 calls and older versions. Discussion on this is open...
will be done here and/or in IRC.

- AMD news: OS X driver team managed to get the old Cycles ("Mega Kernel") compile and
work, the next update of the beta "El Capitan" OS X should (might?) have this driver,
we'll keep you posted. The OS X team is working with us on getting split kernel to work too.

- Interesting article, AMD writing about their Blender commitment:
  http://developer.amd.com/community/blog/2015/07/10/collaboration-and-open-source-at-amd-blender-cycles/

- Antonis Ryakiotakis: speed optimizations for viewport are ready for master. Doc coming.

2) Other projects

- Joshua Leung works on new Grease Pencil 'sculpt' feature for 2.77:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krpuHYhOmOw

- Joerg Mueller: the new Audaspace library will go to the system libraries and not into
external, so that we can check how building with that works out.

- Campbell worked on script setup to do more exact OpenGL performance benchmarking.
  https://gitlab.com/ideasman42/blender-fps-bench/tree/master
(Volunteers needed to add content and create a great Blender bench for gfx cards).

- Gooseberry final dev report is still in progress...

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute