[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - July 5, 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 5 17:31:12 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Release update?

- Meeting agrees on making an 'a' update this week.
Two big bugs were fixed that deserve in the release. One bug prevented GE from running,
and one bug to browse passes in render buffers.

2) Targets for 2.76

- Bastien Montagne suggests to stick to plan (release in a month) and focus on a stable
release. We'll check with every release target project how well it goes.

- Open Subddiv: still possible to go in.

- OpenVDB: Kevin Dietrich will be first working on VDB support for our existing caches,
and then work on (cycles) rendering. The latter might not make it for 2.76.

Interesting docs from Kevin:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kevindietrich/OpenVDBRendering  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kevindietrich/OpenVDBSmokeExport

And a proposal for a volume primitive:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kevindietrich/OpenVDBVolumePrimitive

3) Other projects

- Gooseberry branch migration: still pending docs and design proposals.

- Campbell Barton will work (aligned with Viewport project) on a Derivedmesh redesign.
This to stop using old (pre-bmesh) face data for display, and use a more GPU friendly data
format for tessellation.

Laters,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute